Welcome to an industrial revolution in a world of magic! Imagine a place of wonder, where magic and technology coexist in an uneasy balance, and an adventurer might just as easily wield a revolver as a flaming sword. A place where great industrial cities house castle keeps and factories, home to Dwarves, Humans, Orcs, and Elves alike. A place of arcane runes and steam-works, of magic and machines, of sorcery and science. Welcome to the land of Arcanum!
In this one-of-a-kind cRPG the world adapts to your decisions! Whether you choose the path of magic or technology, good or evil, characters will react differently to your character. You can finish each quest in many ways – bribing, dueling, negotiating and more! With a huge map, more than 300 unique characters and monsters, plus many different endings to unravel, this game will keep you busy for a long, long time.
- A unique steampunk world designed by the creators of Fallout: Tim Cain, Leonard Boyarsky and Jason Anderson
- A complex stat-driven system that underlies every event taking place within Arcanum
- An entirely non-linear storyline with surprising plot twists
An Industrial Revolution in a World of Magick
Imagine a place of wonder, where magick and technology coexist in an uneasy balance, and an adventurer might just as easily wield a flintlock pistol as a flaming sword. A place where great industrial cities house castle keeps and factories, home to Dwarves, Humans, Orcs and Elves alike. A place of Ancient runes and steamworks, of magick and machines, of sorcery and science. Welcome to the land of Arcanum.
Character Design allows you to customize your character any way you choose
- Whether you choose magick or technology, the Arcanum world adapts and responds to your character's development
- Classless, point-based attribute system allows for limitless creativity in guiding your character's development
- 8 basic stats, such as Strength and Charisma
- More than a dozen derived stats, from Poison Resistance to Character Speed
- 16 Primary skills, including Gambling and Healing
- 80 Spells with 16 Colleges of Magick
- 56 technological degrees within 8 disciplines
Extraordinary Adventure Features
- Explore a world as vast as it is mysterious-it would take over 30 real-time hours to traverse the land of Arcanum
- Meet more than 300 unique characters and monster types across this huge land
- Many means exist to solve the myriad quests, from dueling to discourse to thievery
- Take on a band of ogres in real-time, or plan your strategy through turn-based combat - you decide
- Accurate day and night cycles affect the gameplay, from combat to thieving skills
- Automatic character management lets action-oriented players delve into the quest at hand
- Create your own worlds or play the included multiplayer scenario online cooperatively or competively
Windows XP / Vista /