Your name is Geralt of Rivia and you are a witcher, that means you kill monsters for a living. You were given special training to be the best at what you do and your body has been enhanced with potent elixirs to help you do it.
Suffering from amnesia you remember nothing of your past. Kaer Morhen, the last remaining keep of the witchers, was attacked by a mysterious organization, just as you were starting to lick your wounds there. The battle is won but the secret recipe for the mutagen, a substance required to create more of your kind, has been stolen. The surviving witchers set out to find and reclaim it and punish everyone involved. Memory loss or not, you are one of them.
Set in a dark fantasy world with a unique medieval, yet somewhat modern, feel to it, The Witcher isn't just another fantasy RPG. With a deep story, complex characters, and tough choices that actually matter, this game will keep you glued to your monitor for days.
- Arguably one of the best RPGs ever made, with a mature, non-linear story and a challenging combat system
- Beautiful graphics and an enchanting soundtrack create a very unique dark fantasy atmosphere
- The Witcher's universe is created by Andrzej Sapkowski - bestselling fantasy author
The Witcher is a role-playing game set in a dark fantasy world where moral ambiguity reigns. Shattering the line between good and evil, the game emphasizes story and character development, while incorporating a tactically-deep, real-time combat system.
Become The Witcher, Geralt of Rivia, and get caught in a web of intrigue woven by forces vying for control of the world. Make difficult decisions and live with the consequences in a game that will immerse you in an extraordinary tale like no other.
KEY FEATURESGERALT OF RIVIA: A ONE-OF-A-KIND PROTAGONIST
ORIGINAL FANTASY WORLD DRAWN FROM LITERATURE
- Take on the role of Geralt of Rivia: a charismatic swordmaster and professional monster slayer.
- Choose from over 250 special abilities, combat skills and magical powers to build a character best suited to your style of play.
- Enter a harsh fantasy world inspired by the writings of renowned Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski, where nothing is truly black or white, right or wrong.
STUNNING TACTICAL ACTION
- Immerse yourself in an epic narrative full of turns, twists and ambiguous moral decisions which have real impact on the storyline.
- Accomplish quests in a variety of ways and see how the narrative culminates in one of three different endings depending on your actions.
- Engage in elaborate, yet intuitive real-time combat based on real medieval sword-fighting techniques.
- Battle using six combat styles, dozens of potions, complex alchemy system, modifiable weapons and powerful magic which all add tactical depth to the fluid real-time experience.
- Motion capture performed by medieval fighting experts at Frankfurt's renowned Metric Minds studio, resulting in 600 spectacular and authentic in-game combat animations.
ABOUT THE WITCHER: ENHANCED EDITION
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition takes all of the acclaimed gameplay that garnered the original game more than 90 industry awards and introduces a number of gameplay and technical improvements.
- Superior dialogue and cutscenes: Over 5000 rewritten and re-recorded lines of dialogue in English, completely redone German language version, as well as over 200 new gesture animations create a more consistent experience and make characters behave more believably in dialogue and cutscenes.
- Enhanced inventory: A separate sack for alchemy ingredients, as well as a simple sort-and-stack function streamline item organization and usage.
- Technical improvements: Numerous technical enhancements feature greatly reduced loading times, improved stability, combat responsiveness, faster inventory loading, an option to turn auto-saving on or off, and more.
- Character differentiation system: The system randomizes the appearance of dozens of in-game models in order to add more variety to monsters and NPCs.
The Witcher Enhanced Edition comes with these bonus items:
- An interactive comic book
- D'jinni Adventure Editor
- Two new adventures offering 5+ hours of gameplay
- Official Soundtrack
- “Music Inspired by The Witcher” album
- “Making of” videos
- Official Game Guide
- Two maps of The Witcher's world
CD PROJEKT RED
Windows XP / Vista /