The year is 1268, the English throne lies empty, and power-hungry lords are ready to wage war for newfound power.
The year is 1268, the English throne lies empty, and power-hungry lords are ready to wage war for newfound power. Your people now look to you to lead them to glory and prosperity. Manage your lands, strike bargains, betray alliances and ultimately destroy your rivals in this classic combination of turn-based and real-time strategy, and become the undisputed Lord of the realm!
Medieval Strategy on a Sweeping Scale
You begin as the ruler of a small county, but lead wisely and keep your people secure and thriving, and soon you’ll broaden your horizons.
Manage your farms, make trade negotiations, build castles, flatter and deceive your opponents and then march your armies into the lands of your rival nobles. Unify the land under your rule, and prove you have what it takes to be King.
- Fight for the crown in England against up to five AI opponents.
- Strengthen your kingdom across seasonal turns, mastering quandaries like crop rotation, taxation, trade, transport and even thievery!
- Fortify your lands and design castles with moats, towers, drawbridges, keeps and more.
- Conquer your rivals in challenging real-time battles that test your tactical acumen.
Multiplayer notice: LAN and online play are unavailable.
The English throne lies empty in 1262 A.D. You and 5 lords are locked in a struggle for the crown. Reap the benefits of successful feudal governing, castle building, castle sieging and land battles to conquer your rivals and claim the kingdom.
Keep your serfs fed and happy. Assign them to farming, herding, building, military and other tasks. Design your own castles and build them using actual historical blueprints.Then lay siege to your neighbors' castles and fight out land battles in tactical details.
Lords of The Realm propels you into the epic conflicts and intrepid life of thirteenth century England. As one of five nobles you manage crops, build weapons, construct a castle and raise an army to conquer neighbouring realms before they conquer you. Prepare to fight your way to the throne in the battle of your life. Because in the end, you're either King, or you're dead.
- Includes the Windows CD ROM and the floppy disk version of Lords of the Realm. Now you can choose whether you wish to conquer England and Wales or Germany!
- Includes the original Lords of the Realm, Lords of the Realm II and the Lords of the Realm II Siege Pack expansion
- Complex management, complete with random events like drought or flooding
- Challenging real-time battles that will test both your reflexes and tactical acumen